Common Areas for Liposuction Treatment
Countless people have areas of their body they would like to be more toned or differently shaped. Many times, even with diet and exercise, these areas do not ever seem to change. Luckily, there are doctors and surgeons who trained for years to treat and solve these problems. Liposuction treatments are used to dissolve and remove unwanted fat from problem areas that will not seem to budge. This treatment has been around for decades and has been used on almost every area of the body to achieve each individual’s desired aesthetic.
If you or someone you know has a trouble area that they are interested in treating, contact Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery. Our surgeons will meet with you, determine your desired look, and work their magic to give you the body you always dreamed of having. Liposuction is a safe procedure that has continually advanced over decades to become the revolutionary treatment it is today. While liposuction can be used on almost any part of the body, there are some areas on which the procedure is more commonly used. These areas include the following:
- Abdomen: The abdomen is a commonly requested area for treatment. To determine if liposuction is the right procedure for you, our surgeons will carefully inspect your abdominal area. Depending on the amount of fat to be dissolved and the elasticity of your skin, your doctor will help you decide between liposuction and a tummy tuck.
- Cheeks: If you are uncomfortable with the size of your cheeks, liposuction can be used to remove some of the fat to give you a slimmer face.
- Neck: As you get older, excess fat and tissue tends to build up around your neck, making the area sag. Liposuction can remove the excess leaving you with a slimmer, tighter, and younger looking neck.
- Hips and waist: The waist and hip areas are two of the most commonly requested areas for treatment. Love handles are hard to get rid of, but with liposuction you will see quick results. These areas are usually performed together to shape your body and give you the curves that many women desire.
- Thighs: Inner, outer, and frontal areas of the thighs are a common problem area for many women. Some women only need work done on one specific section of the thighs, but often work needs to be done on the entire thigh to make sure your body looks natural and shapely.
- Arms: A great alternative to an arm lift, liposuction can remove some excess fat and tissue from the arms to combat sagging.
- Armpits: A recently popular trend, removing fat from the underarm and armpit areas can remove the overlap many women experience when wearing sleeveless tops. This procedure can also give you the appearance of having longer arms.
- Breasts: If you are a woman wanting to reduce the size of your breasts, our surgeons will help you determine if liposuction or a breast reduction procedure is right for you. For men who are experiencing a little sagging in the chest area, liposuction would be a great treatment for tightening up the area and giving you the pecs you desire.
If you are interested in having liposuction treatment on your body, meet with a surgeon at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery. We can determine which treatment is best for you and will help you achieve the look you want. To learn more about our surgeons and procedures, contact our Des Moines office at (515) 222-1111 today!