Des Moines Botched Surgery Corrections
As a means to achieve the appearance they desire, cosmetic surgery can help men and women in Des Moines feel more comfortable with the way they look. When a procedure falls short of a patient’s expectations, however, it may be prudent to seek out a second opinion and fresh perspective. The Des Moines botched surgery correction surgeons at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery understand how critical it is that the outcome of your cosmetic surgery matches your expectations, and we will do everything we can to help you achieve the appearance you desire.
Why Choose Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery?
Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery is dedicated to making you feel beautiful again and giving you your confidence back. If you have suffered through a botched cosmetic surgery, you deserve a surgeon who is committed to providing you with a long-lasting solution. At Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery, we understand what you’re going through, and we want to provide you with a comfortable, safe space. Our mission is to make sure you get the individual attention you deserve.
Dr. Ronald Bergman and Dr. Bryan Folkers formed Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery in August of 2011. We are always thinking about how we can do the most to help our clients, and we proud to be a Triple Board Certified team who is devoted to serving the Des Moines community. We value communication with our patients, and we’ll always make sure you are comfortable with everything that is happening. We will walk you through the procedures, what you can expect from them, answer any questions you have, and help determine what’s the best for you. Patients choose Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery time and time again because of our reputation and commitment to the needs and interests of our clients. We have been awarded the Patients’ Award (rated and awarded by patients), Des Moines’ Finest, and are proud members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
If you have had a botched plastic surgery and don’t know where to turn, call us at (515) 222-1111 today. Our priority is to help correct the errors made by other clinics and restore your image and self-esteem.
Correction for Plastic Surgery Mishaps
After undergoing cosmetic surgery, you have every right to expect that the outcome will meet the expectations discussed between you and your surgeon. With that in mind, you may want to consider consulting with one of our Des Moines cosmetic surgeons if you would like a second opinion regarding the procedure you previously underwent, including:
- Ears/Otoplasty: Otoplasty (or ear pinning) is usually performed to alter the appearance of ears that are sticking out from the head. It may be necessary to correct this procedure if the pinning of the ears is too drastic or uneven.
- Eyes/Blepharoplasty: Blepharoplasty correction (or eyelid revision surgery) is necessary to correct a previous surgery or to help get the satisfaction and results you originally wanted and didn’t receive.
- Nose/Rhinoplasty: One of the most common corrections of botched surgeries are rhinoplasties. There is a large demand for corrective procedures because the nose is so prominent in one’s appearance.
- Facelift: Poorly performed facelift surgeries can leave patients with worse skin and wrinkling than before the procedure. Because the face is often the most noticeable part of a person’s body, corrections to fix a botched facelift surgery are important to help a person’s confidence and satisfaction.
- Breast Implant Removal: Breast implant removal can either be because of unsatisfactory results or because of a possible health concern. Poorly executed breast implants can cause neck pain, back pain, and an undesired appearance.
- Breast Augmentation: Failure to properly determine the correct breast shape, size, and positioning can leave the patient dealing with both health complications and less-than-satisfactory results. A breast augmentation correction can fix these aesthetic problems and counteract any detrimental health complications.
- Breast Lift: A mastopexy, or a breast lift, raises the breasts by tightening the excess skin and reshaping it to a more youthful state.
- Breast Reduction: Reduction mammaplasty (or a breast reduction) is when excess fat, tissue, and skin is removed around the breast to create a more proportional and appropriate breast size for the patient’s body. This surgery can relieve a lot of the discomfort associated with large breasts.
Our Des Moines cosmetic surgeons are committed to working with our clients toward the appearance they want by offering a fresh perspective. Discuss your past experiences and future expectations with us, and we can help you understand the best options toward pursuing your beauty goals.
How Can an Experienced Plastic Surgeon Help?
Plastic surgery is a very personal experience. It will affect your appearance, well-being, and possibly even your confidence. After a botched surgery, you may feel betrayed when you were promised certain results and ended up with something far different. Botched cosmetic surgeries can leave you feeling unattractive, unhappy, and even guilty for doing the surgery in the first place. Plastic surgery is supposed to have the opposite effect; it is supposed to accentuate your true beauty.
A plastic surgeon who has experience with corrective surgery can help you make the changes necessary to work through these difficult emotions that you feel. The talented team at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery understands the frustration, pain, and stress you may feel after a botched surgery, and we can help by correcting the wrongs that have been done to you. In fact, corrective plastic surgery is more than just fixing the problem—the ultimate goal is to get you back to feeling beautiful and good about yourself.
What Are Some Challenges Associated With Corrective Surgeries?
Corrective plastic surgeries are often more difficult to perform than the initial procedures. This is because the surgeon does not have a “clean slate” to work from because they have to deal with another surgeon’s poor performance. The surgery is also harder because of scar tissue and previous anatomy alteration. Patients may also be more emotional after a botched surgery, making them afraid to undergo another surgery because of their dissatisfaction.
These challenges alone showcase the importance of seeking out a trusted, board-certified, and experienced surgeon to perform your corrective surgery. If you’re looking for a “quick fix,” you might end up in the same situation you have already found yourself in. At Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery, we want to provide you with a long-lasting solution that will make you feel beautiful and confident again. Our medical team has the skill, knowledge, and experience needed to help you get back to your original beauty.
Signs of an Unqualified Plastic Surgeon
Botched plastic surgery is an unfortunate event that can affect the health, confidence, and beauty of a person drastically. When you are seeking out a plastic surgeon, either for the initial surgery or a corrective procedure, there are a few warning signs to watch out for. These include the following:
- The surgeon is not board certified
- The operating facility is not accredited
- The surgeon isn’t asking you questions
- The surgeon is pushing for more surgeries than you inquired about
- You’re not relating with your surgeon
- You feel uncomfortable
The surgeon should be focusing on your goals and working to achieve the look that you desire. Trying to push a facelift when you wanted a breast reduction is totally uncalled for if it does not enhance your appearance or does not align with your needs. Likewise, surgeons should be asking about your medical history. While the procedure is usually only cosmetic, the surgeon should be taking a holistic approach to your health so that you are well taken care of and everything goes as safely as possible.
Contact Us to Learn More about Des Moines Cosmetic Surgery Correction
If you would like to consult with another cosmetic surgeon about plastic surgery correction, the Des Moines cosmetic surgeons at Bergman Folkers Plastic Surgery would be happy provide you with a second opinion. To schedule an appointment, please call our offices at (515) 222-1111 today.