Viveve - Don't Let Stress Urinary Incontinence Stop You!
Over the course of a woman's life, she will experience many different health conditions that may cause stress urinary incontinence - childbirth, menopause, weight fluctuations, or a shift in hormones. All of htese can lead to loosening of muscles that may cause incontinence from the pressure (or stress) placed on the bladder. This ultimately causes urinary leakage. This often happens with physical movement, lifting or exercise. If you've ever wondered why you leak urine when you laugh, cough, or exercise, that is due to stress urinary incontinence. These issues not only affect us physically, but can affect us mentally by limiting our ability to live our best lives. Bergman Plastic Surgery is now offering Viveve, which is a nonsurgical treatment that can be completed in 45 minutes to an hour in the office. This treatment is non-invasive and has little to no downtime.
If you are experiencing urine leakage doing any of the following activities you may want to consider Viveve Solutions:
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Hormonal changes – perimenopause
- Significant weight loss
- Hysterectomy (or any other surgery that affects your pelvic floor)
Viveve is safe, effective and the treatment should not cause any discomfort. An Ultrasound type tip is places in the vagina and it delivers pulses of monopolar radiofrequency energy, which results in the heating of the connective tissue. At the same time, cryogen cools the surface so patients may experience a warm or cool sensation during this process; however, it is not painful. There is no downtime following treatment, and patients can go back to work or go about enjoying their day.
There are many benefits to this procedure:
- Comfortable — Cooling technology keeps treatment discomfort to a minimum.
- Short treatment time — 45-minute session is all you need to enjoy improvement for a year or longer.
- Convenience — Treatment can be performed in the doctor’s office
- No downtime — Back to regular routine right away
- No side effects – Viveve doesn’t cause bruising, bleeding, scarring, or pain
- Discreet – no time off work or hospital stay required